Man, it took DAYS to get there, but my family and I travelled to the Kennedy Center in Washington DC to see the Video Games Live Concert. It was fantastic! I was dressed up and Link from The Legend of Zelda. I think they put the interview up on the website...you'll have to ask for the link later (pun intended). There were so many great parts about the show, it's hard to put them all up. I'll put up a couple of the best though.
The best: The Link Fangirl
I was at a booth for the DC Anime Club (like I could join! Ha!) and a girl came up to me. I don't know who she was dressed as, but I do know she was wearing a collar and leash...i think. She just came up to me and said, "Hi. I'm a total Link fangirl. Can I hug you?" I was kinda weirded out, but I said, "Okay..." So, she hugged me, and after that she kida jumped up and down for a second and said, "Yosh! Thank you!" For all you non-Japanese speaking people out there (I speak a little...a couple words here and there in Romanjin.) Yosh, means something like, uh, "All right!" Just like Yatta means "I did it!" So.. yeah.
And another great (shorter) story. I was walking in there, a little nervous cause people were staring and I didn't see anybody else in costume, and a little boy was being pulled by his mom out the door. He can't be expected to know the difference of the characters, but as soon as he saw me, he said, "Zelda! Look mommy!"
So cute. But of course, while basking in the many pictures being taken of my costume, and the interview, I completely forgot (after I signed up) to go and meet the booth for the contest in time to pick the top ten. So they picked a MegaMan that looked like he bought it off eBay...and check it out...he got second place!
The first place winner? An "L" shaped Tetris block. Sooo great. He was hilarious. The dude in the costume said his name was Sam. Heh...Hi Sam! Awesome costume! *laughs* So...yeah...
My mom's out so I actually have time to update this thing without her knowing. Yosh! (see above explanation)
Yatta! See y'all next time! Till then,
Fangril out!
Monday, July 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment